Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Rise of the End

Normally I hate writing negative articles or poems. But I tried my hand (or my mind!) at one recently, when I was actually required to write a negative poem...
I don't think that the world will actually end in 2012, but wait... just what if it does??? Read on...

Flocked each adherent to his own shrine
The master, the slave, all in one wave
Unconcerned, I thought of the love divine
Until the first of them jumped to his muddy grave

As came the date
Both believed and ridiculed, as the end of ours
Sneered I, at my said  fate
The one elaborate lie, an elaborate farce

But started, it did, stealthily and slowly
Not a soul was certain, how exactly
But started, it did, even the blind could see it clear
Earthquakes, volcanoes & Tsunamis, all began to appear

People ran, like never ever in their lives
Many without concern for children, parents and wives
Some ran like crazy, others stayed still, in disbelief
Burnt were some, to be another man's beef

As it drew to a close,
The ones who lived had started to ease
Foolish were they, in a world of misery and disease
On the ones, who thought they had escaped luckily
Dawned, they were being slaughtered, but patiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment